Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hosted WCF Service and 10061 error

Ok,

this is one of those things you just want to kick some ass.
Everything is working locally, but from remote computer, you receive cryptic 10061 TCP error.

The problem is not in firewall, or crossdomain or in the woods :)

You need to specify base address of your service according to actual service location.
Why? Because implementation is faulty, that's why!!

And I don't really think that programmers who developed WCF are guilty, but the lazy guy who leads them, or architect, or somebody anyway...

I've spent 3-4 days of working around the problem, on news groups, on web, on crystal ball, with local priest, and then when I already almost let it all flow down the river, I realized that it must be DNS problem, and so I've found the cure....

Man I want to kick some ass.